Rules to Decorating with Throw pillows

A great article to read when it comes to some rules to follow when decorating with throw pillows is from Maria Killam's Color Me Happy.

Some ideas she gives are:

1.Never use throw pillows that come with the sofa...you know the ones I am talking about, they generally match the sofa exactly are made with the same fabric.  The exception to this is if you have a large sofa or sectional, as long as you also include the decorative ones .

2.  Try not to repeat a pattern in the room on the cushion covers. According to Maria ' If there’s a pattern in the room like in the ottoman I never repeat it in the toss cushions I design for the sofa, personally I think it looks contrived. I like my toss cushions to have their own personality, like this media room'


3. If you are using solid colored throw pillows make sure they highlight and pull together the colors in the room.
 
4. If you are buying cushion covers with a pattern on them make sure that pattern picks up AT LEAST one colour that is already in your space.



For more read: How to decorate with throw pillows ; 5 rules to follow

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of throw pillows - should make some. maybe that will have to be my summer project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. I am looking for blogs related Retractable Awnings.
    Its looks good but it needs more clarifications. Thank you for your post.





    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author

I am a home decor enthusiast who loves everything to do with decor,design,color and fashion. I started this blog to share with you everything that inspires me.